2015年5月24日日曜日

essay 3: my hometown

I was born in Hayato town, Kirishima city, Kagoshima and I grew up there. Kagoshima is in the south of Kyusyu and Sakura island is there. The volcano at Sakura island frequently erupts so we can't hang out the wash to dry. If we do that, we must do the washing again. When we walk out, volcanic ash falls from the sky as well as rain. we often have to use an umbrella. Most of stores sell umbrellas for volcanic ash. The next day when it falls, we can see the bags for the ash at the dump site. In Kagoshima, we dump ash as well as combustible garbage. Moreover, we can buy volcanic ash for a souvenir.

The traditional food of Kagoshima is satumaage, sashimi of raw chicken, shirokuma and keihan. Satumaage is seasoned fish meat with salt, sugar and it is fixed in a form and fried in oil. Satumaage, sashimi of raw chicken is the breast and the thigh of the chicken with soy sauce which we put garlic and ginger in. Shirokuma iscondensed milk on shaved ice and served with fruit such as the canned fruit and adzuki bean jam on the top. Keihan is rice on shredded chicken and omelet cut into strips, shiitake mushroom, cut long green onions, cut seaweed, and we pour soup in it. We often eat when we have a school lunch.

Kagoshima has a lot of hot springs. The especially famous hot springs are Ibusuki and Kirishima hot springs. In Ibusuki, we can take a sand steam bath. In Kirishima, we can take a sulfur spring. Ryouma Sakamoto visited Kirishima for his honeymoon with his wife. This honeymoon was the first in Japan. Hayato of my hometown is enclosed by Kinkou Bay and mount Kirishima. I have played there when I was a child. It is very rural but it is easy to live there. There are a lot of small stores, for example karaoke and sushi restaurants. I like to go cycling around my home town. I love my home town.

340/1360

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿